FarBeyondBelieving: Movies: Superhero madness

17 April 2013

Movies: Superhero madness

It's 2013, once again a great year for movies. If you know which ones I've already seen. Check out my movie list. But I've already seen 6 movies in the cinema. (Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Django Unchained, Side Effects, the Host, the Place Beyond the Pines) But now we're looking forward, more and more trailers are starting to pop up and there's a lot to look forward to.

And as you might have noticed, superhero movies are everywhere. Especially this next year. (and don't forget about last year, the Avengers, Spiderman...) These are the ones coming up the next few months I'm very excited for. Unfortunately my favourite superhero (sssh it's DC, don't tell Marvel) is not doing any movies at the moment (yes it's Batman), but there might be some hope for a Justice League movie. But a very close second favourite, Iron Man, luckily will be in the list.

Iron Man 3
Trailer: here
I already told about my secret crush on Robert Downey Jr. before. But this Iron Man movie looks epic! Everything is about to go wrong and of course, there's going to be a new bad guy. And I secretly hope, that it will be better then the second movie, which I liked but didn't love. Oh and don't forget! Always stay until the end of the credits during a Marvel movie, there might be something more waiting for you!
Release date:
UK - 25 April
NL - 24 April

Description: 
When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, Stark starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.

Star Trek: Into Darkness
Trailer: here
Star Trek, I've never been in to the show, and yes I know. This is not really a superhero movie. But as I've seen the first movie.. Star Trek: Into Darkness definitely caught my attention. Benedict Cumberbatch, for those of you who didn't watch BBC's Sherlock, please watch it now.. Benedict stars as Khan, the bad guy. And the rest of the cast is back, of course.

Release date: 
UK - 9 May
NL - 6 June (well that sucks!)

Description:
After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

The Wolverine
Trailer: here
X-Men, I recently read my very first X-Men comic book. And while Wolverine wasn't really in it.. I'm still quite excited about this movie. The last X-Men: Wolverine movie wasn't such a success (for me) but hopefully this one will make up for it! As it's supposed to be in the same style as X-Men: First Class, which I thought was really good, it might be!

Release date:
UK - 25 July
NL - 25 July

Description: 
Wolverine makes a voyage to modern-day Japan, where he encounters an enemy from his past that will impact on his future.
Man of Steel
Trailer: here
I've never been a big fan of Superman but after the new trailer releasing today. I couldn't help but feeling very excited for this one. The trailer looks great, the special effects epic and hopefully Zack Snyder (Suckerpunch, 300...) made something worth watching of it.

Release date:
UK - 14 June
NL - 20 June

Description
A young journalist is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race.


And if case you're wondering which other movies I'm excited for this year? The Great Gatsby, Kick Ass 2, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, Thor: The Dark Worlds, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and there's probably a lot more.. The cinema earns some good money of me.

8 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to Iron Man 3! I didn't know Benedict Cumberbatch was the bad guy in the new Star Trek.. I was probably going to see it anyway, but I now I want to even more :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik moet Iron Man 1 nog steeds een keer zien. Dus ik loop weer hopeloos achter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batman <3 Ik ben een beetje verliefd op Dr. Crane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Behalve star trek wil ik ze ook allemaal zien! Ik hou echt van dit soort films <3 En van de andere films kan ik ook echt niet wachten op Catching Fire en het vervolg van The Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see all of these movies! I'm most looking forward to Iron Man and Man of Steel, the trailers look amazing! There are so many great movies coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to the new Iron man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog today and came across this post, better late than never. The funny thing is just an hour ago I wrote a post about Iron Man 3! Then I read this! I am really excited about the release of The Wolverine and Man of Steel, can't wait to see those!
    So just wanted to get that out of my chest, I enjoyed this post and I will be checking out the rest of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke