FarBeyondBelieving: Summer movie reviews

05 August 2012

Summer movie reviews

As a movie fanatic and my plans of doing reviews I'm here to review all the movies I've seen over the last few months. (in the cinema) Expect a lot of superhero movies and fantasy, I've also been thinking about getting some sort of subscription for a movie theater as the cinema seems like a second home to me. (I've seen all these movie in the last 3 months)
There are no main spoilers in these reviews.

The Avengers
2012 is the year of superhero's. And to start that year of I went to see the Avengers, in London, together with my boyfriend. As I was absolutely excited about this movie, my expectations where quite high. And did they live up to it? Oh heck yes! This movie will come in on a second place of the movies I've seen so far this year. You might be able to call it the Tony Stark show as well. As he, in my opinion, still steals the show, and yes Iron Man is my favorite Avenger. The movie was thrilling, epic and exciting. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, but yes it will still come in second place. If you love action, fantasy or super hero movies, you'll definitely enjoy it.
If you haven't seen the Avengers yet, check if the cinema near you still plays it or get your hands on the DVD/Blu-Ray when it's out.

Snow White and the Huntsman
I had high hopes for this movie and to be straight forward: I didn't think this movie was too good. I saw this movie in London with my boyfriend as well. The special effects, music and cinematography were good. But, in my opinion, the storyline got boring near the end and I didn't think the movie could be carried by it's actors. I'm one of the people who don't mind Kristen Stewart, but I think she couldn't carry the role of Snow White. Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman? His Scottish accent didn't came across that well, and I think he was so so. The only one I'm raving about is Charlize Theron, amazing actress. She made the movie a bit more exciting for me. If people asked me if they had to go see it, I'd said: 'Watch it on DVD one day.'

Prometheus
Right the day after Snow White and the first day of release me and my boyfriend (yes we love movies) went to see Prometheus in (guess what) London. I'd only seen Alien two days before we went and didn't really expect that much of it. Another movie with Charlize Theron and I heard some really good reviews about Michael Fassbender. And I really enjoyed this movie! It wasn't as tense as I expected it to be, but the music, effects, artwork, special effects and actors did an amazing job. Especially Michael Fassbender was outstanding in this movie. Now.. I still have to watch the rest of the Alien movies.

Les Intouchables
I went to see this movie with my parents and sister in Utrecht (Louis Hardlooper Complex). A French movie with some outstanding reviews. And yes this movie is really good! You'll laugh, feel sad and cry at this movie. Not a movie I'd watch more then once but definitely a must see.

The Amazing Spiderman
A new Spiderman movie, when this was confirmed about a year ago I wasn't to excited about it. The trilogy was only made about 10 years ago, and another remake? No thanks. But after seeing the trailer and especially, the cast. I decided I really wanted to go see it. Four of my friends went with me to see the movie in Amersfoort. And with no expectations and almost a negative feeling, I came out being surprised and satisfied. I actually really liked this movie. And I have to say this but Andrew Garfield is absolutely adorable as Spiderman. Add Emma Stone to that and you have a cast which will make me visit a movie. Another good superhero movie, go 2012!

The Dark Knight Rises
And my absolutely number one of this year so far. The anticipated and last Batman movie directed by Christopher Nolan: The Dark Knight Rises. As I loved the first two movies and I have a boyfriend who totally pumped me up for this movie. I went to see all three Batman movies in a row in Amsterdam with 3 friends. Starting at 12 at night, finishing up 9 in the morning. I didn't sleep and loved all 9 hours of it, there were even some cosplayers (Bane, Batman, 2 Jokers etc.) in the cinema. You know everyone is a fan and the atmosphere was fantastic. About the movie? Christian Bale was an amazing Batman, and I thought even his voice was a clearer as Batman this time. Tom Hardy made a great villian, especially the way he acted only with his eyes and gestures. Anne Hathaway kicked ass as Catwoman. And what can I say about Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The cast, the story, the end, it all made a perfect fit to an amazing movie. About 36 hours later I went to see it again in IMAX with my boyfriend and secretly, I want to see it again.

If you kept on reading until here, bravo! Next week Pixar's new movie Brave is on my movie schedule.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of agree with everything you said :P I haven't seen Prometheus yet, but definitely still want to. I haven't heard about Intouchables, I'll should watch the trailer for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prometheus, The Intouchables and The Dark Knight Rises are still on my to-watch list!
    I also loved The Avengers! The humor in it was amazing!

    Fun reviews! Just noticed a little typo in your SWATH review: you wrote 'acteurs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke